What is SureSmile®?
SureSmile® is an advanced orthodontic treatment option that combines the straightening ability of braces with the pinpoint accuracy of digital imaging. With its unique approach, SureSmile® provides high-quality results in less time than conventional orthodontic treatment methods.
What are the advantages of choosing SureSmile®?
- SureSmile® uses 3D modeling for highly accurate treatment planning
- SureSmile® takes less time to complete treatment than conventional braces
- SureSmile® robotic wire-bending is precise to within one tenth of a millimeter
- SureSmile® involves less discomfort than traditional braces
- SureSmile® allows you to view a simulation of your expected results before beginning treatment
- SureSmile® requires fewer office visits, saving you time and money
How does SureSmile® work?
- Step One: SureSmile® creates a full 3D model of your mouth, jaws, and teeth, including the teeth roots. This model will allow us to view the positioning and orientation of your teeth and teeth roots. Once we have fully planned your treatment, we can also use the 3D model to show you your expected results.
- Step Two: SureSmile® software provides tools that allow us to view your teeth and roots to determine the most effective plan for your unique needs. With the SureSmile® software, we can manipulate virtual simulations of your mouth. This allows us to optimize your treatment to achieve your desired results with greater efficiency.
- Step Three: Once your treatment plan has been fully designed, the SureSmile® system utilizes a robot to precisely bend Shape Memory Alloy archwires to your unique needs. Like traditional braces, the wire is utilized to deliver gentle pressure that will shift your teeth into their optimal position over time. Unlike traditional braces, however, SureSmile® robotic customization provides accuracy to within one tenth of a millimeter, which manual bending cannot replicate.
Does SureSmile® really lessen treatment time?
Yes. The SureSmile® software allows us to study and manipulate a 3D model of your teeth. With this, we can determine the most efficient movement path for each of your teeth to ensure both tooth and root reach their desired placement.
By using a more direct path, your teeth reach their desired placement more quickly. On average, patients experience about 29% shorter treatment duration with SureSmile® than with conventional braces.
Does SureSmile® treatment really cause less discomfort than conventional braces?
Yes, SureSmile® patients report significantly less discomfort than patients using traditional braces. In most cases, the main cause of discomfort is the change in pressure when wires are adjusted or replaced. With SureSmile®, the precision robotic wire-bending means fewer changes or adjustments are needed, so less discomfort is experienced.
In addition, because SureSmile® requires fewer wire replacements or adjustments, you will require fewer office visits as well, saving you both time and money over the course of your treatment.